Swedish Master’s programs offer you the unique opportunity to turn theory into practice, challenge your perspectives, and acquire the innovation skills that make a competitive difference.
The competition is open for participation to anyone fulfilling at least one of the criteria below:
- U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident
- Currently enrolled at a U.S.university
- Holding a Bachelors degree from a U.S university
Swedish citizens are not eligible to participate in the competition, and neither are non-Swedish students currently enrolled at any of the universities for which the scholarships are offered.
In order to be able to claim the first prize (full tuition waiver), the winner first needs to fulfill the enrollment requirements set by each Master’s program. All first prize winners have to be accepted into the chosen Master’s Program, and the scholarship is given to the student first upon his/her acceptance to the chosen program. The formal admission acceptance will be given by University Admissions in March 2013.
Thus, winning the competition does not automatically mean that the student is guaranteed a place at the Master’s program.
The competition CHALLENGE YOUR PERSPECTIVES is your chance to show your skills within a number of areas that distinguish Sweden.
The competition consists of three parts:
- Knowledge Quiz
Multiple choice question test that assesses contestants’ knowledge of current international affairs, the Swedish society & educational system, and other topics related to the chosen Master’s program (political science, environmental management and policy or economics).
- Essay Writing
Case solution essay where the applicant gets a chance to show in-depth knowledge and apply this to an up-to-date subject.
- Personal Statement
Motivational mini-essay where the applicant can bring forward reasons to why he/she is applying to the particular school and program, as well as why he/she would like to study in Sweden.
Participants will be able to boost their chances of winning by collecting recommendations from friends via Facebook.
- All participants will be judged in accordance with their overall performance in the competition, based on competition results and personal statement.
- The 20 contestants from each school with the greatest number of recommendations will be identified, and one finalist per school will be selected solely based on the strength of his/her recommendations. Hence, collecting recommendations can be a means of direct qualification to the final round.
- About 20 finalists per university will be selected and officially presented November 6, 2012.
- Upon this announcement, each finalists must formally apply for his/her chosen Master’s program through the Swedish system for university applications, www.universityadmissions.se. The online application must be supplemented with paper documents, as requested on universityadmissions.se, depending on the program being applied for by the student.
- University Admissions must have all necessary documents by November 16, 2012. We therefore recommend all applicants to make sure they have all required documentation prepared by November 6, 2012 when the finalists are announced, to make sure they are ready to be posted and will reach Sweden on time.
- In addition, a digital copy of the application documents must be sent to Student Competitions by November 16, 2012.
- It will then be confirmed by University Admissions and the university if the student meets the qualifications required by the program.
- The three final candidates will be notified on November 22, 2012 and Skype interviews will be conducted during this week.
- The three final candidates will be invited to the prize ceremony in House of Sweden in Washington DC on November 22, 2012. Domestic travels and accommodation will be paid for by the competition organizer.
Apply today and compete for a full tuition waiver for an English-taught Master’s program at a prestigious Swedish university – starting fall 2013!
- September 14 - Competition opens for participation
- November 04 - Competition closes, all submissions must be completed
- November 06 - Finalists are announced and should apply to chosen universities via www.universityadmissions.se as soon as possible.
- November 16 - Last day to apply via www.universityadmissions.se
- November 22 - All winners are announced and invited to price ceremony
- November 28 - Price ceremony at House of Sweden, Washington DC
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, please send an email to email@example.com