Sharaka is a two-year research project co-funded by the European Commission that aims to enhance understanding and cooperation between the European Union (EU) and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
One of the main goals of the project is to establish closer links among EU and GCC research and academic institutions through an exchange research programme involving PhD students and researchers from both regions. To achieve this goal the Sharaka steering committee has decided to launch this call for applications for a position of Sharaka Researcher.
- GCC national
- PhD candidate or researcher with advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in energy policy, energy economics, international energy studies or related area
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible research experience related to energy policy, energy economics and international energy studies
- Capability to collect and analyze energy and socio-economic data; strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities
- Good command of English
The selected candidate will spend three months – from January to March 2013 – in Paris at the Observatoire Méditerranéen de l’Energie (OME).
The Sharaka Researcher will:
- carry out research in the field of energy, environment and climate change cooperation in EU-GCC relations;
- contribute to a Technical Report on EU-GCC energy cooperation, as well as commentaries on energy, environment and climate change in the framework of the Sharaka project;
- assist with the organisation of a research workshop on energy, environment and climate change to be held in the Gulf region in early 2013;
- disseminate project findings through the participation in meetings, seminars, conferences, etc., as well as the preparation of newsletters and communication material to be uploaded in the project website; and
- contribute to the preparation of articles and papers to be submitted to refereed journals.
- Gross monthly salary of 2,000 Euros (corresponding to about 1,500 Euros net)
- Attractive and stimulating work environment
- Intensive networking
Applicants should send the following documents to the Sharaka coordinator (email@example.com, cc the project supervisor: firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 30th, 2012:
- Project proposal of the topic to be researched (up to 600 words)
- Writing sample (up to 3,000 words)
- Names of two referees who can be contacted at a later stage of the application process
All documents must be submitted in English. Preference will be given to topics relevant to the applicant’s home country.
The successful candidate will be informed by the Sharaka coordinator by October 15.
Any enquiry related to the application procedure should be directed to: email@example.com.
For more information on Sharaka visit www.sharaka.eu.
September 30th, 2012